Consumer Voice has released a new publication, COVID-19 and Nursing Homes: What Residents and Families Need to Know. This consumer fact sheet is designed to inform both residents and their families about steps the federal government has taken to reduce the spread of the virus, what nursing homes should be doing to prevent and control COVID-19, actions residents/families can take to promote safe care, visitation, and more.
Consumer Voice advocates for public policies that support quality care and quality of life in all long-term care settings. They empower and educate consumers and families by providing them with the knowledge and tools they need to advocate for themselves and their loved ones.
Specifically, the consumer fact sheet:
- Details what the federal government has done to try to reduce the spread of the virus in nursing homes;
- Gives tips for ways that residents and families can stay connected;
- Instructs what nursing homes should be doing to prevent and control COVID-19;
- Explains what consumers should do if they are concerned about the nursing home’s infection control practices or other issues;
- Explains residents rights; and
- Advises how residents and families can promote good, safe care and keep up resident morale.
To access the fact sheet and learn more, visit: https://theconsumervoice.org/uploads/files/general/covid-19-consumer-fact-sheet.pdf