Reporting Nursing Home Abuse

If you suspect that your loved one is being abused or is not receiving the care needed, there is something you can do about.

  • Ask the nursing home.  Talk to the nursing home administrator.  The nursing home is required by law to respond to and investigate all complaints.
  • File a complaint.  File a complaint with the Complaint Investigation Unit within the Bureau of Health Systems (BHS).  This Unit is responsible for investigating complaints against nursing homes.  A complaint can be made in any of the following ways:
  • Call a lawyer.  Contact an experienced nursing home abuse and neglect attorney at our firm who specializes in nursing home abuse and neglect: 1-800-366-8653.

Search Nursing Home Citations

The decision to place a parent or a loved one in a nursing home or care facility is not an easy one.  Find out if the facility you are interested in has been cited by the State of Michigan.  Enter a Nursing Home to find out if it has been cited by the State: