logos

Roommate’s Diabetes Medication Given to the Wrong Person

On October 28, 2010, a resident of an assisted living facility in Brighton was given diabetic medication intended for her roommate causing her to sustain irreversible brain damage.  Our client is now in hospice care and is not expected to live.

Many people ask “how can something like this happen?”  It happens because of inadequate staff and poorly trained staff. Assisted living in Michigan is unlicensed. Facilities can choose to license themselves as homes for the aged.  The regulatory scheme for these facilities is weak and the public is endangered as a result.